We develop projects of research and assimilation of technologies in collaboration with public and private institutions.
The main lines of our work are:
– Development of protocols for pollutant determination and integrated analysis of animal and plant communities;
– Cultivation of alternative dams as food for species of socio-economic interest;
– Evaluation of human activity influence on coastal marine ecosystems (emissaries, desalination, ports, aquaculture, etc …);
– Modeling, used as a tool for prediction ofenvironmental responses to disrupting factors.
Through technological surveillance and due to experience and needs that have arisen in our own projects, CIMA has participated in elaboration of tools that proved useful in our own research projects as well as of other institutions.
– CANAMOD: Modeling tool for the prediction of the environmental response to the material deposition coming from offshore cages from the Canary Islands.
– PRESAPUL: Use of alternative preys for octopus (Octopus vulgaris) larvae growth.
– MACAROMOD: Dispersion of organic matter coming from aquaculture farms: development of a mathematical model to guarantee environmental sustainability.
Ammong the R+D+i projects currently running are:
– European Project BIOTRANSFER 2. Co-funded by FEDER through the INTERREG V-A MAC 2014-2020 Program.
– European Project MIMAR. Co-funded by FEDER through the INTERREG V-A MAC 2014-2020 Program.
– Equipment Development for underwater prospecting and exploration Project. Co-funded by FEDER through investment projects Subsidies for small and medium-sized companies in the Canary Islands for 2018 from the Government of the Canary Islands.
– Equipment Project for the generation of new marine environmental management services in relation to land discharges into the sea of waste and industrial waters. Co-funded by FEDER through investment projects Subsidies for small and medium-sized companies in the Canary Islands for 2019 from the Government of the Canary Islands.
– Underwater Cartography Study Project to carry out Bioprospecting in search of products and species with pharmacological potential and climate change experiments. Co-funded by FEDER (2014-2020) through Subsidies to high-tech and knowledge-intensive companies in priority areas of the RIS3.