On this page you can find a series of small videos called «Things we do in CIMA», which will help us to explain what we do and how we do it. All this to approach the world of marine biology and oceanography.
– «Things we do in CIMA» #16: R+D+i:
CIMA’s activity is practically entirely R+D+i and has a department that develops research projects in order to implement the results of these studies to the strategic knowledge of the company.
For this, periodically, we carry out technology forecasting tasks in order to know about changes, technologies, investigations, etc. that can serve to innovate in company projects. Through this technology forecasting and thanks to experiences and needs that have arisen in our own projects, we have participated in the development of tools that have helped in different research projects of the company and other entities.
Our main work lines are:
– Development of contaminant determination protocols and integrated analysis of animal and plant communities.
– Alternative prey cultivation as food for socio-economic interest species.
– Human activity influence on coastal marine ecosystems.
– Modeling as a tool to predict environmental responses to environmental disturbing factors.
Among the R+D+i projects in which CIMA is currently participating we have:
– European project BIOTRANSFER 2. Co-financed by FEDER funds through the INTERREG V-A MAC 2014-2020 Program.
– European project MIMAR. Co-financed by FEDER funds through the INTERREG V-A MAC 2014-2020 Program.
– Project for the Development of underwater exploration and exploration equipment (Spanish). Co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund through grants for investment projects of small and medium enterprises in the Canary Islands (2018).
– Equipment for the generation of new marine environmental management services Project in relation to land discharges of waste and industrial water into the sea. Co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund through subsidies for investment projects of small and medium-sized companies in the Canary Islands for 2019 from the Government of the Canary Islands.
– Underwater Cartography Study Project to carry out Bioprospecting in search of products and species with pharmacological potential and climate change experiments. Co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (FEDER CANARIAS 2014-2020) through subsidies to high technology and knowledge-intensive companies in priority areas of the RIS3.
If you want to know more about our R+D+i activities, on this website we tell you more about it.
Download to share by WhatsApp (4.6Mb). Remember, to download the video from the phone, click the link. If you are asked, choose to open the video with the browser and, once opened, keep your finger on it until you get a poster of this style: «Save Video». From now on, you only have to share, share and share!